Matt, aka The Dumpling King, not only makes delicious dumplings, but is also actively supporting businesses within the Chinatown area. Read on to find out more about The Dumpling King.
1. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and what you do?
My name is Matt and I am and own a small food production company called The Dumpling King. My company mandates itself on sourcing as many ingredients it can from Vancouver's Chinese-owned businesses in Chinatown. The Dumpling King is not only a handmade frozen dumpling company and moniker of its founder, it is also a brand that earnestly celebrates heritage, identity, and our culinary heritage on its own terms.
2. What does being Asian-Canadian mean to you?
It's complicated as a mixed raced Asian Canadian. But I'm proud of who I am and my identity.
3. How do you incorporate Chinese food therapy/Chinese herbs into your daily routine?
My knowledge of Chinese food therapy and ingredients in my daily routine is quite rudimentary, however, I would love to know more. Mostly it's the memory of my grandmother telling me not to eat too much of certain things, temperatures, and at what times of the day.
4. As Asian culture tends to put focus on the importance of family, can you share the fondest memory you have with your family?
Shopping with my parents in Chinatown and going to a HK tsanteng (cafe) for lunch!
5. Where can people find you?
Check out my list of vendors here!
TikTok and Instagram: @