Nancy's IG is one of my favourites. She's always making delicious food that inspires so many to try out Chinese recipes. Learn more about Nancy below.
1. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and what you do?
Nancy is a finance professional, Mommy and Content Creator based Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Nancy is not vegan but she loves making vegan plant-based Chinese food that even carnivores crave.
On Nomss.com, Nancy showcases her love for modern Chinese cooking, Asian inspired recipes and healthy vegan / vegetarian / plant-based substitutes focused on healthy family, wellness and sustainability.
2. What does being Asian-Canadian mean to you?The answer to this question is quite complexed. I am a CBC - Canadian Born Chinese. I identify myself as Canadian. I also identify myself as Chinese. Asia is a big continent and to lump everyone together into being “Asian” seems a bit of a disservice. Being Canadian means Privleged Freedom, Diversity and Democracy. At the same time, I feel a deep sense of patriotism to my Chinese heritage. I am so intrigued by its dynastic history and culture - something I hope to continue and pass this identity to my daughter…. That no matter where you live, we are “Chinese”.
3. How do you incorporate Chinese food therapy/Chinese herbs into your daily routine?
Chinese medicinal food therapy and Chinese herbs is such a big passion of mine. I am constantly intrigued how this ancient technique and natural wellness contributions to the human body’s wellbeing - its ability to mend, heal and improve our meridians. I enjoy making Chinese soup at least 3 times weekly.
4. As Asian culture tends to put focus on the importance of family, can you share the fondest memory you have with your family?
Large family gatherings. The sounds it is with my family, my grandma, some aunties or all together. Ever wonder how argumentative Cantonese sounds? Or cacophony of clatter when that many people gather around a kitchen dining table? They could be saying the nicest thing but still, they sound like utter chaos!
5. Where can people find you?
Find me online at www.nomss.com or @instanomss. You can also find me on youtube: https://youtube.com/c/Nomss