Stay Cool as a Cucumber Salad
In the Spring and Summer months, we naturally crave lighter and cooler foods. Try out our cooling cucumber salad that is sure to be hit at home or outdoor picnics with your quarantine bubble.
- 2 large cucumber
- 2-3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 tbsp black vinegar
- 2-3 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- optional: 1/2-1 red chili pepper
- Rinse cucumbers and pat dry.
- Cut cucumbers into 4's lengthwise. Then cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Put cut cucumbers into a big bowl.
- Mince garlic and red chili pepper (if using). Put aside.
- Cook garlic on a pan until fragrant (2-3 min max. You don't want it to burn!) Add garlic to the cucumbers.
- Add black vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil, salt, sesame oil, maple syrup and red chili peppers (if using).
- Mix all ingredients together. Add more maple syrup if you want a slightly sweeter salad.
- Put in the fridge for a minimum of 30 min so the cucumbers can marinade in the delicious sauce. We like marinading overnight.