Whether you’re out for a nice hike or tanning on the beach/backyard, it is important to stay hydrated! Try out these easy to make summer drinks that are cooling in nature and will help keep your body’s internal temperature at bay.
Watermelon sports drink
6 large slices of watermelon (seedless is easiest)
½ tsp of Himalayan rock salt (or any salt)
Juice of 1-2 lemons
3 cups water
- Cut the watermelon into chunks but leave the rind out.
- Blend the watermelon chunks in a blender on low.
- Pour the watermelon juice through a strainer and into a pitcher.
- Add the salt and juice a lemon into the watermelon juice. Add the filtered water.
- Mix everything together with a large wooden spoon.
Pineapple Coconut Spritzer
(Best if everything was chilled in the fridge beforehand. You can add ice if desired.)
6-8 chunks of pineapples
1 cup coconut water
1 cup sparkling water
2 cups pineapple juice (add more or less depending on how sweet you like it)
Fresh mint and lime for garnish
- In a pitcher add all the ingredients except mint.
- Stir well and add mint and lime garnish.
Chilled Refresh Tea
2 tsp refresh tea blend
2 cups hot water
2 tsp honey
- Steep the tea with hot water for 5-7 min.
- Add honey.
- Put it in the fridge until cold (2-3 hours).
- Enjoy in the sun!
Hope you’ll enjoy making these drinks and sharing them with family and friends (while staying safe of course)!