This is a classic at home so this reminds me of mom and is so comforting. It's also delicious. Using our essential soup blend, this is sure to be a staple at your home! Making it in the instant pot shortens the time needed for cooking and makes the pork bones super soft and yummy. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I have.
- essential soup blend
- 2 corn on the cobs
- 2 Chinese carrots or 3 medium carrots
- 1-1.5 pounds of pork bones
- 1-2 slices of ginger
- salt to taste
- Blanch the pork bones in a pot of hot water to rinse out the blood and impurities.
- Break the corn in half or 3's. Peel the carrots and cut into big chunks.
- Take out the dried tangerine peel from the essential soup blend and soak into a bowl of cold water for 10 min. Then scrape some of the white off of the tangerine peel. This is the bitter part of the peel!
- Put 6-8 cups of water into the instant pot. Add all the ingredients including everything in the essential soup blend packet.
- Set the instant pot on high pressure for 30 min, then let full natural release.