Makes 6-7 servings.
- nourish soup blend
- 5 dried shiitake mushrooms or a handful of fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 2-3 big carrots
- 3 slices of fresh ginger root
- 1 corn
- 10 cups of water if using a pot/8 cups of water if using a pressure/slow cooker
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil.
- If using dried mushrooms, soak them in a bowl of hot water for 5-10 min.
- Peel carrots and cut into 3 inch pieces. Slice ginger root into 1/2 inch pieces. Rinse mushrooms. Cut corn into 2-3 pieces.
- Add corn, ginger root, carrots, mushrooms and nourish soup blend to water. Place on high heat until it begins to boil.
- Turn it down to low heat and cook for 2 hours (30-45 min in a pressure cooker or 3+ hours in a slow cooker).
- Add salt to taste (optional). Try not to burn your tongue drinking the delicious soup.