Makes 6-7 servings.
- nourish soup blend
- around 0.8kg (2 lbs) pork shank or pork bone (blanched)
- 2-3 big carrots
- 3 slices of fresh ginger root
- 8 cups of water if using a pot/6 cups of water if using a pressure/slow cooker
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and blanch the pork shank or bone. This will ensure that you'll get a clear, clean broth.
- In another pot, bring 8 cups of water to a boil.
- Peel carrots and cut into 3 inch pieces. Slice ginger root into 1/2 inch pieces. Rinse pork and cut into 4 pieces (or just rinse pork bones if using bones).
- Add pork, ginger root, carrots, and nourish soup blend to water. Place on high heat until it begins to boil.
- Turn it down to low heat and cook for 2 hours (30-45 min in a pressure cooker or 3+ hours in a slow cooker).
- Add salt to taste (optional). Try not to burn your tongue drinking the delicious soup.